4-August-2020

Location:  Darice Whyte’s Residence, Springfield, Manitoba

Call To Order – 7:16 p.m.

In Attendance: Board Members

Darice Whyte – President

Carrie Wilson – Vice President

Kelli Hayhurst – Treasurer

Trish Forde – Secretary

Shannon Lightfoot – Member at Large

Membership

No members due to Covid-19

Absent: Dianne Borger (MHC Representative)

APPROVAL OF AGENDA

The agenda for DRM Agenda, August 4, 2020, was and accepted and approved.

APPROVAL OF MINUTES (February Meeting)

The minutes from February 26, 2020 meeting were accepted and approved.

WELCOME OF GUESTS

There weren’t any members or guests present due to Covid-19.

PRESIDENT’S REPORT

Darice welcomed everyone and opened up the meeting.

TREASURER’S REPORT

Kelli provided members with the club’s current financial status.

  • The club has $11,633.80.  This amount includes th3e cheque from MHC for the operations grant.
  • All expenses that needed approval have been given.

MEMBERSHIP REPORT

  • 14 members and still waiting for some payments.

MHC REPRESENTATIVE REPORT 

Covid-19 Representative is Carrie S. Wilson.

  • Carrie will liaise with MHC on behalf of DRM.
    • Carrie has written up a Covid-19 Policy for the DRM rides going forward.  She is currently waiting for a return call from John Savard (MHC).
    • There will be self-declarations required from riders for each day they are riding.
    • There will be 1 (one) waiver required per rider, for insurance purposes, per weekend of riding.
  • MHC Grant
    • Susan will pay Friends of Spruce Woods (FOSW) for the grant.  DRM will reimburse the expense.
    • FOSW will perform the work of setting up 2 new pens.

FUNDRAISING AND PROMOTIONS COMMITTEE REPORT – (Andy Dunlop, Shannon Lightfoot)

  • DRM Tack Sale is on hold.
  • DRM logo has been sent to Glover.  If members would like any DRM items, they will be able to order what they would like.
  • There should be enough ribbons for this year’s awards so we do not have to order.

YEAR END AWARDS COMMITTEE REPORT (Darice Whyte, Shannon Lightfoot and Kelli Hayhurst)

Darice will take pictures with horse and rider for year-end awards for this year.

CLUB OPERATIONS

A.  Communications

The Google account has all the information that board members need.  Carrie has developed a usage policy.

  • Kelli is maintaining the email list of members as memberships come in.  This information includes:
  • Address
  • Email Address
  • Phone Number(s)

B.  Website

  • Promoting the next ride on the website is a priority.
  • Discussed that we should be soliciting for the next blog post.

C.  Coaching Levy

A report with coaching levy fees is compiled by Carrie S. Wilson after each ride and monies are forwarded to MHC.

D.  Coggins Requirements

Our current requirements state that Coggins must be performed within each calendar year.  The coggins requirement extends to all horses in camp that are at the ride for purposes of attending the competition.

Email decision made after meeting:  It was decided to change the wording of our policy.

Current Wording:  Proof of Negative EIA Test will be required once per calendar year or more often at the discretion of the board.

Motion to amend wording:  Proof of Negative EIA Test will be required once per year or more often at the discretion of the board.

This motion was accepted/approved by all members of the board.

E.  By Law Revision – deferred

F.  MEC – September 26/27, 2020

It was decided that DRM will still have a ride on the same weekend as MEC as we already have the permit.  At this time, MTRC does not have an RM for MEC.  Glenn Sinclair is the vet scheduled.

G.  Meeting Schedule

i) October 8th (changed via email) – Location:  Darice Whyte’s Residence.

ii) AGM – TBA, most likely a Zoom meeting.

RIDE OPERATIONS

Sanctioning

  • Tricia sent in ride permit for BHP (August 22, 2020)

Ride Fees

  • Changed wording to coaching levy
    • Post ride fees are inflated by $5.00.
    • If a member has an NCCP coaching number and has taken the two (2) free courses; Making Headway and Respect in Sport (RIS), the $5.00 fee is waived.

Placement Ribbons

  • Ribbons will be given out at the Year-End Awards Celebration – TBA

Equipment List

  • Elizabeth has stated that the equipment inventory is up to date.

NOTE:  Since this meeting Elizabeth is no longer able to look after the ride equipment for both clubs.  It was decided that DRM and MTRC share in the purchase of an equipment/cargo trailer and send out a request for a new inventory person.  Janine Thompson has agreed to keep the trailer at her residence and look after the equipment.

There was a motion emailed to the board from Kelli Hayhurst:  I hereby move that the Distance Riders of Manitoba Association enter into a joint purchase with the Manitoba Trail Riding Club Inc. to procure an enclosed utility trailer for a maximum value of $4500.00 plus applicable taxes, and further the annual insurance and minimal required maintenance be scheduled and jointly approved and paid for as needed to keep the asset in good working order.

Carrie S. Wilson seconded the motion.  All members approved.  MTRC has approved the purchase and will reimburse DRM for their half after the expense is accepted/approved at the AGM this fall.

Registration

  • There is on-line registration for August 22, 2020 ride.
  • 2 week time line for registration.
  • Contact Carrie if confirmation email has not been received.
  • DRM – Tricia Mason is RM/DM and Covid-19 Compliance Officer (CCO) for August 22, 2020 ride.
  • MTRC – Susan is RM for August 23, 2020 ride.

Donation to Souris Bend for Trail Maintenance (after meeting)

There was a motion emailed to the board from Kelli Hayhurst:  I move to have DRM provide a donation of $500 to Myna Cryderman for trail improvements and maintenance at Souris Bend.

  • This motion was seconded by Trish Forde.  All board members accepted/approved.

RIDE UPDATES

a)  BHP – August 22, 2020

  • RM/DM/CCO – Tricia Mason
  • Vet – Glenn Sinclair
  • Where are we staging?  An email was sent to Joanne and Bruce King.
  • An email was sent to John Savard to let him know that we do not have enough room in the area by the Polo Field/North Ring.
  • Since this meeting we received confirmation that we can stage at East Gate, BHP.

b)  Souris Bend – September 5, 2020

  • RM/DM/CCO – Myna and Carrie

Note:  This is ride was cancelled due to Covid-19 restrictions.

c)  BHP – September 26, 2020

  • RM – possibly Andy Dunlop
  • Vet – Glenn Sinclair

d)  Belair – October 3 & 4, 2020

  • RM/DM – Tricia Mason
  • TM – possibly Janine or Iris.  Shannon will get Brock to perform an oil change on their quad so she may be able to mark trails.
  • Carrie will check her maps.

MEETING ADJOURNMENT

The next meeting will be held on Thursday, October 8, 2020 at 6:00 p.m.

Location:  Darice’s House 

Meeting adjourned at 9:15 p.m.

Minutes by Trish Forde